Terms of Reference of RIRL for the SEA Region
- Provide preliminary laboratory diagnosis of influenza infection in humans for neighboring countries in the Region that do not have an NIC that is a member of the GISRS.
- Provide training on influenza laboratory diagnostics and surveillance to national laboratories in the Region, leading to the designation as NICs and members of the GISRS
- Provide technical advice to national influenza laboratories in the SEA Region on specimen collection, storage and shipment, as well as collection of corresponding epidemiological and clinical information on specimens.
- Timely ship the representative clinical specimens or virus isolates to WHO Collaborating centres for further characterization.
- Serve as technical resource to the WHO Regional Office for South-East Asia on issues relating to influenza laboratory diagnosis, result interpretation and other laboratory functions.
National Institute of Health
Department of Medical Sciences
Ministry of Public Health
Tivanon Road, Muang District
Nonthaburi 11000, Thailand
- (662)9511498, (662)5899869